Police have arrested 1, 2 million people for violating Covid-19 regulations since the start of the lockdown in March last year. In their twitter page, police said 2 934 people were arrested on October 31 for breaching Covid-19 regulations. “The ZRP reminds members of the public that Covid-19 safety regulations are still in force. As at 31 October a total of 1 225 225 people were arrested for various offences related to Covid-19 since 30 March 2020. On 31 October, 2934 people were arrested for breaching Covid-19 regulations,” said the police. The country is currently under level 2 of the lockdown. President Emmerson Mnangagwa on September 7 relaxed the lockdown from Level 4 to Level 2. Under the current regulations intercity travelling is now permitted u
A Mabelreign Girls High security guard allegedly resigned after alleged sex escapades with a Form Three pupil on the school premises. Zimbolivenews is in possession of chats and material wherein David Tembo, believed to be in his late thirties, would on several occasions plot sexual encounters with the Form three pupil (name withheld), 16, at the school’s premises. In the footage obtained, Tembo would send his manhood on WhatsApp to the Form three pupil who would in return send her nude pictures. In the chats, sex jaunts would take place at the school art room. In alleged efforts to sweep the scandal under the carpet, Tembo then resigned but is reportedly still residing at the school while the Form three girl pupil was expelled from the school. The school administration is div
Following a video that went viral on social media, the Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) has appealed for information that leads to the identification and arrest of the suspects who were involved in a brutal assault on an unidentified man beside a raging fire. The incident appears to have taken place at a mining site. iHarare is unable to show the video on its family platform due to its graphic and violent nature. As seen in the video, the unidentified man is assaulted with a heated iron rod from a nearby fire in an effort to get him to reveal information concerning some property that was allegedly stolen in yet to be verified circumstances. The ZRP took to their Twitter page and wrote: “The ZRP is appealing for information which can lead to the identification and arrest
A sex party that took place in the Harare suburb of Kuwadzana was raided at midnight by the police over the weekend following a tip-off. A flier for the party had been circulating on social media and a total of sixteen people, six women, and ten men were nabbed by police officers with some caught red-handed in the act on Saturday night. According to H-Metro, one 35-year-old Reyn Mabva is the owner of the house where the sex party took place. Thokozani Tshuma 24, Shylet Simba, Lucia Nyakutiswa 36, Loveness Zindi 34, and Sithatisiwe Kufa, 21 are some of the ladies who were arrested while Luis Zvanhasi, 24, Daniel Divala 23, Alexio Chibanda 41, Munashe Masawi 25, Praisemore Makuni, 39, Samuel Makore 37, Paul Nhodza 35, Reyn Mabva, 35 and Mark Tafirenyika, 32 and Edward Kane
A man from Jotsholo, Matabeleland North Province, got the shock of his life when he caught his wife moaning in pleasure while indulging in sex with his neighbour. The court heard that Attalia Khumalo (23), who is wife to Vusumuzi Ncube (45), visited her parents and after two days away, the suspicious Ncube followed her and arrived at his in-laws in the early hours of the morning. He stood at the door of the room where his wife was sleeping and heard groaning sounds of pleasure. He then pushed the door open only to find his wife enjoying sex with their neighbour. In a fit of rage, Ncube manhandled the neighbour and assaulted him all over the body. The undressed neighbour took to his heels. Ncube turned to his wife and bashed her with fists and kicked her all over the body. Kh
Businessman Wicknell Chivayo says his “spirit is re-energized” after being acquitted together with his company Intratrek Zimbabwe and vowed that his focus was now “re-aligned towards fulfilling our obligations under the Gwanda Solar Project.” Magistrate Ngoni Nduna on Wednesday cleared Chivayo on allegations of bribing former Zimbabwe Power Company (ZPC) ex-board chairman Stanley Kazhanje US$10 000 to influence the award of the controversial Gwanda Solar Project. In acquitting him and his company, Nduna said the State had failed to prove that Kazhanje participated in the decision to award the tender. “The state is found to have failed to establish a prima facie case against both the accused persons. “They are both found not guilty and acquitt
A 38-year-old woman from Gokwe has been arrested after she allegedly forced herself on and raped her 22-year-old neighbour. An apparently intimacy-famished Lucia Mandishara from Chirovamari village in Gokwe South was arrested for forcing herself on Standard Mugande She appeared at the Gokwe Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday to answer to the charges of forcing her 22-year-old neighbour to be intimate with her. Mandishara was denied bail by the magistrate and remanded in custody. The state alleges that Mandishara committed the offence on February 6, 2021. According to the state’s case, on the day of the crime, the 22-year-old went to Mandishara’s house at around 7 PM to collect some charcoal. At this point, Mandishara asked Mugande to lend her US$5. Mugande then tol
The Zimbabwe Republic Police has warned imbibers and merrymakers that drinking alcoholic beverages while inside cars and other vehicles is now illegal. This comes after the Minister of Health and Child Care, Vice President Constantino Chiwenga instituted another lockdown following a surge in Covid-19 infections and deaths across the country. Following the Vice President’s announcement of the revised Covid-19 lockdown measures, the Police announced that they will be enforcing the new lockdown measures “without fear or favour.” In a statement released on Monday, national police spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi said, “Patrols, blitz and monitoring will be done by Police to ensure that beer halls, bars and nightclubs remain closed. Bottle store o
A Guruve man is on the run after poisoning his girlfriend’s well and bucket of maize-meal after she greeted her ex-boyfriend. Seven family members- five minors and two adults- ate the meal prepared by the poisoned mealie-meal and fortunately, survived. Mashonaland Central Province police spokesperson Assistant Inspector Naison Ndliwayo confirmed the incident, which happened in Ng’andu village under Chief Bepura in Guruve.The complainant is Ms Nyarai Simbadaka (31) of Makumbe village in Guruve and the accused is her boyfriend, Tawanda Kupara. Asst Insp Ndliwayo said on May 28 at around 7am, the couple was at Simbadaka’s homestead when her ex-boyfriend passed-by and she greeted him. “This did not go down well with Kupara who threatened to kill his girlfrie
Commercial sex workers in Highfield have blasted their colleague who allegedly stabbed a client over the weekend. The hooker only identified as Christine from Cannan Mahobi suburb fatally stabbed a soldier at Saratoga club at night after a misunderstanding. “We are not happy with Christine she was not supposed to kill a client now our business is low clients are now afraid even the police are pouncing heavily on us, bar owners and our clients,” lamented Chiedza a hooker. Another sex worker by the name Tendai said: “No misunderstanding warrants murder in sex work this hooker has committed a serious offense and she should be prosecuted.” Meanwhile, bars were ordered to close due to Covid-19 pandemic but some were opening in violation of the country’